Slovenia Student Visa Requirements | www.gov.si Slovenia is an affordable place when compared to other EU Nations and have standard educational system, this post will highlight Slovenia study Visa, types, cost, document needed, how to apply and many more.
The Slovenia Student Visa Requirement
Slovenia has recently grown in popularity among foreign students looking to study abroad because of its ideal location in the middle of Europe and affordable cost of living for students. Before starting your new study abroad program in Slovenia, you must find out if a student visa is necessary.
- Germany Student Visa Procedures
- Ireland Student Visa Requirement for Non EU
- China Student Visa Requirement and Procedure
Do Non-EU Citizens Require Visa to Study in Slovenia?
You must apply for a student visa if you are currently a citizen of a non-EU/EEA nation and wish to begin your studies at a Slovenian university. If you plan to stay in Slovenia for more than 90 days and are from a country with a visa agreement with the Schengen area, you will also need a student visa.
Every long-stay visa application must be presented at the Slovenian embassy. Please be aware that acquiring a long-stay visa for Slovenia does not provide you permission to work or study abroad in any other Schengen country.
How to Get a Slovenia Student Visa?
Adhering strictly to this listed point below can help you secure your student Visa.
- Apply for a study program in Slovenia: To qualify for a student visa, you must first apply for a study program in Slovenia and get accepted. Without an acceptance letter, you won’t receive your student visa.
- Set up an appointment with the nearest embassy or consulate: Once your study program has been confirmed, you must find the closest embassy or consulate in your nation and schedule an appointment to submit your application.
- Collect the required documents. You must submit several required documents regarding your visa application; the embassy will provide you with a full list.
- Submit the application: After preparing your documents, you can apply on the day of your appointment at the embassy or consulate. At this point, you may be asked to attend an interview with the embassy regarding your study plans in Slovenia.
- Wait for an answer: In the final step, you must wait for the embassy to process your application and retrieve your visa.
How to apply for Slovenia Student Visa
- A Slovenian embassy or consulate in your home country.
- A Slovenian embassy or consulate in a neighboring country.
- An embassy or consulate of another Schengen country through which Slovenia allows visa submissions.
You can reach out to Slovenia Embassy in your Country by Clicking Check Here
Paper Work / Document Required for Slovenia Student Visa
The following paper work/documents are needed to lodge and application for a Slovenia Student Visa.
- National D visa application form: Make sure you put down your correct information and provide all the required details.
- Your valid passport. The passport must be valid for at least three months after your departure date with at least two blank pages.
- One recent photo: The photos should be taken according to the Schengen visa photo requirements.
- Acceptance letter from a Slovenian university. The Ministry of Higher Education and Science must initially accept the letter.
- Travel health insurance. You need appropriate travel insurance with medical coverage for emergencies during your stay in Slovenia.
- Proof of financial stability: If you have been granted a scholarship, you can provide that document as proof of financial support— otherwise, you need to provide your financial statements or proof that someone will support you during your stay.
- Letter of invitation. The letter should be written and signed by the Slovenian university or a guarantor.
- Proof of accommodation: You can provide proof of being accepted to student housing, i.e., a dorm or a rental agreement.
- Proof of no criminal records. a document proving your lack of criminal history from your home country; the document must be no older than three months, be translated into Slovenian, and be notarized.
- Proof of visa fee payment: You can submit the visa receipt showing you have paid the required amount for your visa.
The Cost of Slovenia Student Visa
- The average cost of a student visa is €77. Along with the fee for the visa, you also need to pay for a resident permit. A temporary residency visa is necessary to continue your studies after three months. With a residency permit, there are two fees to be paid:
- The price of the residence permit in Slovenia is €50.
- The cost of the residency permit is €102 if you pay the price outside of Slovenia.
- As well as paying €15,47, you must apply for a residence card.
Duration to obtain a Slovenia Student Visa
The processing of your student visa takes several weeks; it usually takes about 15 days, but it might take longer depending on a variety of conditions.
The maximum validity of a long-stay visa is three to six months. Once you’ve arrived in Slovenia, you’ll need to get your residence permission, which could be good for one to three years depending on how long your study program lasts.
Can a Student Visa Holder Work in Slovenia?
You can work in Slovenia while on a student visa if you set up a “Student Work” agreement, yes. This agreement employs the “referrals/referral form” contracts, which are specific agreements, to allow university students to work part-time. You must visit an employment agency that works with students in Slovenia to find out what you can do and how many hours you can work each week.
Can I bring my family with me?
Your family members must apply for family reunification visas at a Slovenian embassy or consulate. Typically, your significant other, spouse, and children are welcome to join you. If you intend to bring along more family members, you must inquire with the embassy or consulate to learn if you are permitted to do so with a student visa.
Latest Development on Slovenia Student Visa Requirement
Jobslimes Portal will keep you abreast on any updates on Slovenia student Visa Requirement, all you need to do is to ensure that you bookmark or save this page and get it refreshed timely.
I hope you find this post on Slovenia Student Visa Requirements Insightful, if you find this material resourceful do share it with friends and family via any social media platform.
I wish you Success in your Visa application.